Falcom’s RPG Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is heading to Switch, the company revealed today. The game is due out on June 29, 2023 in Japan.
Tokyo Xanadu eX saw its initial release in 2015. It was followed up with Tokyo Xanadu eX+, an enhanced version of the game, a year later. This marks the title’s first appearance on a Nintendo platform.
When Tokyo Xanadu eX+ comes to Switch, it’ll be using the PlayStation 4 version as a base. It will include all DLC released for the game. Players can also expect optimized controls and the “High-Speed Mode” found in the Trails and Ys titles.
Here’s an overview of Tokyo Xanadu eX+:
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is a massive action RPG from the masters of the genre, Nihon Falcom! When high school student Kou Tokisaka encounters the nightmare realm known as the Eclipse, his world is forever changed.
In this definitive version of Tokyo Xanadu, experience the game in 60 frames per second along with new scenarios, new playable characters, new modes and more!
- Over 40 Hours of Action RPG Gameplay – Quest through Morimiya City and battle hordes of nightmarish monsters!
- Explore a Brave New World – Talk to characters, build relationships and forge alliances as you navigate the expansive cityscape of Morimiya City. Upgrade your equipment, play mini games and train in dungeons!
- New Scenarios – Enjoy unique tales of the Wielders that weren’t depicted in the main story. Once you’ve completed the game, get access to an all new quest and carry on the adventure!
- New Playable Characters, Monsters, Dungeons, and Bosses – Play as the mysterious knight, White Shroud. Brandish unrivaled strength and the powers of light to take down vile monsters and vicious bosses! Plus, new dungeons filled with fierce new monster types and giant bosses to battle!
- New Modes: “Time Attack” and “Boss Rush” – In Time Attack, defeat various bosses that appear in the main story as quickly as possible. In Boss Rush mode, you can battle each boss one after the other.
Get a look at a trailer for Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Switch below.